Disadvantages/Demerits Of Depth Interview:
(1) Depth interview method is costly and time-consuming.
(2) Depth interviews can be conducted properly only by skilled, experienced and matured interviewers.
(3) Findings of depth interviews cannot be quantified.
(4) The attitudes, motives and desires expressed under research conditions may change in actual buying situations. Thus, depth interviews may not give correct answers to all MR problems.
(5) The art of depth interviewing is difficult/complicated and needs proper background of knowledge and training.