Introduction: Introduction to Computers is one of those subjects of BMS that can be divided into a 50-50 ratio, if you know computers you are among the 50% who is going to laugh at the syllabus and if you are among the 50% who do not you will feel...
The Celeron began as a scaled down version of the Pentium II and was designed to compete against similar offerings from Intel’s competitors. The Klamath-based Covington core ran at 266 and 300 MHz and were constructed without an L2 cache. However, adverse market reaction saw the Deschutes-based Mendocino core...
Windows NT 4.0 Windows 2000 Windows XP – Professional Edition Windows Vista Windows Server 2003 Mac OS X Server 10.2 (UNIX based) UNIX Linux –Includes Red Hat 8, SuSE 8.1, SCO Group OpenLinux 3.1.1, MandrakeSoft 9 ProSuite
CISC RISC Large instruction set Compact instruction set Complex, powerful instructions Simple hard-wired machine code and control unit Instruction sub-commands microcoded in on board ROM Pipelining of instructions Compact and versatile register set Numerous registers Numerous memory addressing options for operands Compiler and IC developed simultaneously
Applications are large programs such as word processors, spreadsheet programs, database applications, accounting systems, tax programs, etc., that perform a variety of functions that are not directly related to managing computer system resources. Examples of application programs include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Internet Explorer, Intuit TurboTax, Intuit...
GUI – Graphical User Interface operating systems are operating systems that have the capability of using a mouse and are graphical. Operating systems that would fall into this category are: UNIX (Linux) Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista Windows NT 4.0 Every operating system for a Macintosh
A ‘stack’ is a small area of reserved memory used to store the data in the CPU’s registers when: (1) system calls are made by a process to operating system routines; (2) when hardware interrupts generated by input/output (I/O) transactions on peripheral devices; (3) when a process initiates an...
The Pentium II incorporates many of the salient features of the Pentium Pro and Pentium MMX; however, its physical package was based on the SECC/Slot 1 interface and its 512 KB L2 cache ran at only half the processor internal clock rate. First generation Pentium II Klamath CPUs operated...
Multithreading – Operating system that allows different parts of a software program to run concurrently. Operating systems that would fall into this category are: UNIX (Linux) Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista Windows NT 4.0 Mac OS X 10.2
Multiprocessing – Operating system that allows multiple processors to be utilized. Operating systems that would fall into this category are UNIX (Linux) Windows 2000, XP Professional (supports up to 2 CPUs), Vista Mac OS X 10.2 (UNIX based & supports up to 2 CPUs) Windows NT 4.0
Login or Register
- Karwa Chauth WhatsApp Status in Hindi, English To Share With Wife / Husband on
- Latest Eid Milad-Un-Nabi SMS Messages, Quotes And Wishes 2015 on
- B.M.S. SEMESTER – VI EXAMINATION TIME TABLE on
- KT System in BMS Exams! on
- TYBMS Sem 5 CBSGS 75:25 April 2016 ATKT Exam Results Declared on 20 July 2016 on
- TYBMS Sem 6 (Revised) Exam Date! on
- Inventory Management on
- 10 Cool Superb Group Admin Jokes, Trolls, Funny Status For WhatsApp, Facebook on
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of TYBMS Sem 6 CBSGS Results 2014-15 on
- 8 Very Interesting Unknown Facts Of Revaluation Process From Mumbai University on
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! June 15, 2019
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 March 21, 2019
- Business Mathematics Question Bank FYBMS 2019 March 21, 2019
- Registered Users
- Topic Tags