- Advanced Research Projects NETwork.
- The Department of Defense wanted a network that could survive nuclear attack.
ARPANET designed with two assumptions:
- Designed with the assumption that the network would be unreliable, so had to be able to automatically route around problems.
- Designed so that all computers on the network would be equal in their ability to communicate.
- Quickly became an international network.
- Peer to peer networking philosophy copied into other networks.
- Vince Cerf and Bob Kahn wrote the protocols that became the standard computer communication language, allowing different computer networks to be linked.
- In 1990 ARPANET was disbanded and the ARPANET infrastructure became the Internet!
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019