Advantages of Functional Organisation:
Functional organisation has certain advantages. They are:
- This system ensures maximum use of the principle of specialisation at every work point and helps the enterprise to enjoy the benefits of specialisation of functions.
- As the workers have to perform only a limited number of functions under this type of organisation, this system contributes to higher efficiency of the workers.
- As there is no scope for one-man control in this form of organisation, this system ensures co-operation and team-work among the workers.
- Under this system, the line officers are freed from the worries of technical problems faced by the workers, as instruction regarding the technical problems flow to the workers directly from the specialists.
- This system is flexible, in the sense that any change in the organisation can be introduced without disturbing the whole organisation.
- This system is quite suitable for training young specialists.
- This system ensures the separation of mental functions (i.e., planning) from manual functions (i.e., functions at the workshop), and thereby, simplifies managerial control.