With an successful achievement of gross revenue USD~40 Billion(2012). Aditya Birla Group is the third largest Indian private sector conglomerate behind Tata(USD ~100 Billion) and RIL (USD ~74 Billion). This corporations is in the league of Fortunes 500.With the working force of 1,20,000 employees it is ranked 4th in the Top Companies For Leaders survey and ranked 1st in Asia Pacific for 2011.
The group interests in sectors such as viscose staple fibre, metals, cement, viscose filament yarn, branded apparel, carbon black, chemicals, fertilisers, insulators, financial services, telecom ,BPO and IT services.
This is how the world recognizes Aditya Birla Group:
- A metals powerhouse, among the world’s most cost-efficient aluminium and copper producers. Hindalco-Novelis is the largest aluminium rolling company. It is one of the three biggest producers of primary aluminium in Asia with the largest single location copper smelter.
- No.1 in viscose staple fibre.
- No.1 in carbon black.
- The fourth-largest producer of insulators.
- The fourth-largest producer of acrylic fibre.
- Among the top 10 cement producers.
- Among the best energy-efficient fertiliser plants.
- The largest Indian MNC with manufacturing operations in the USA.
In Indian Scenario,here’s what they have accomplished:
- The largest fashion (premium branded apparel) and lifestyle player
- The second-largest manufacturer and largest exporter of viscose filament yarn
- The largest producer in the chlor-alkali sector
- Among the top three mobile telephony companies
- A leading player in life insurance and asset management
- Among the top two supermarket chains in the retail business
- The largest manufacturer of linen fabric
The Aditya Birla group is a diversified conglomerate and one of the top corporations in private sector.Named after Aditya Vikram Birla and headquatered in the Aditya Birla Centre in Worli,Mumbai.The group was founded by Seth Shiv Narayan Birla in 1857.This multi-dimentional corporation have set us an example of keep learning afresh and to never shrink away from experimenting.
Aditya Birla Group laid it’s first stone in 1870,when Seth Shiv Narayan Birla launched a cotton- and jute-trading business in the town of Pilani, in Rajasthan.Inspite of British Raj over India and several attempts to monopolize by British trading companies,Birla made their family’s first fortune.
Did you know:
The Birla family also became important supporters of the independence movement led by Mahatma Ghandi. Ghanshyamdas Birla not only provided the financial backing for Ghandi, he also participated in the talks with the British that ultimately led to the country’s independence.
- Works in 3000 villages
- Reaches out to seven million people, annually, through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development spearheaded by Mrs. Rajashree Birla.
- Focuses on healthcare, education, sustainable livelihood, infrastructure and espousing social reform in India, Brazil and Egypt, as well as Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia, Korea and other Asian countries.
50 per cent of the Aditya Birla Group’s revenues flow from its overseas operations. The Group operates in 36 countries – Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Korea, Laos, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA, and Vietnam.With such a wonderful multi national record and relationships, along with grandeur on it’s way to the top, Is this kind of corporation each and every businessmen wish for??
– Vatsal Doshi
Latest posts by BMS (see all)
- Can a SYBMS student change specialisation in TYBMS? - June 15, 2016
- Board Papers Not Leaked says Mumbai University. No Re-exam 🙂 - April 25, 2016
- How To Contribute And Write Articles on BMS.co.in ? - March 4, 2016