Being late to a class is an integral part of any student’s academic life. All of us have been late for a lecture atleast once in our lives. Here are some great excuses which you can give for being late. (P.S. It doesn’t mean I have used these excuses for my professors. Well, atleast not all of them! )
- Locals are the lifeline of Mumbai. They have the power to grind Mumbai to a halt. We all know how punctual (or not so punctual) they are. We all have blamed the locals for being late atleast once in our lives. “Ma’am, the trains were late!”
- More than 1000 cars come out of the showrooms on the streets of Mumbai everyday! Imagine the increasing traffic! This excuse works even if we might be living just a kilometer or two away from our college.
- Rikshawallas! We all know how obedient and friendly they are! You ask them to take you to any part of Mumbai, and how readily do they agree! Lol. “I wasn’t getting a rikshaw, Ma’am!”
- Another excuse which can help you is, “Sir, I was preparing the presentation which we are supposed to present next month. I slept at 2 and hence got up late.” This can also make your professor believe how hard working and dedicated you are (Even if you aren’t in reality).
- Pass the buck to your friend. Tell the professor that you were waiting for him!
- Tell that the watchman wasn’t allowing you to enter because you forgot your ID Card. (Though this may backfire on you when you find the professor scolding you for the same!)
- Lie that you had terrible headache when you got up in the morning. Still you came to college.
- Tell that you were helping your mom in some work. You will be an apple to the eye of all your female professors and will surely be the talk of the staffroom!
- Lie that you were very hungry and hadn’t eaten anything since morning. So you were in the canteen to grab a quick bite!
- You can also say that the rickshaw in which you were coming got punctured halfway and hence you were stuck up in the middle of the road!
Latest posts by Hoshang Pathak (see all)
- 10 Excuses for being late to a class - July 19, 2012
- Tips for a Rocking start to your FYBMS College Life! - June 28, 2012
- How to change your college after FY/SYBMS? - June 28, 2012